Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You have to be ready for it

A lot of things have inspired me to write this blog, and if you’re not in the mood to read something with an open mind, then just click that little x up there. But before I start my epiphany-speak I’ve been waiting for a place to display this quote, so here it is:
Yeah, losing your heart’s desire is tragic. But gaining your heart’s desire... It’s all you can hope for. This year, I wished for love. To immerse myself in someone else and to wake a heart long afraid to feel. My wish was granted. And if having that is tragic… then give me tragedy. Because, I wouldn’t give it back for the world

Okay, I swear it has relevance to where I’m going, but give me a bit to get there.

So while reading a post from this myspace book club I'm in, someone mentioned the book "The Fuck-Up" and i remember reading it last summer. I originally picked up the book about three years ago and started it. I believe I reached about 1/8 of the book before I got bored and stored it away for awhile. 2 years later i picked it up and flew through the pages, reading it in about 3 days. I instantly fell in love with it. This has happened to me on numerous occasions, such as with the book "Persuasion, The Bell Jar, and 1983." I despised all four of the books as I began to read them. But later, fell in love with them. While reading the play "Sure Thing" the 2 characters address this dilemma as, "You might not have been ready for him. You have to hit these things at the right moment or it’s no good." And I took this seriously to heart.

I think we all need to think about this every now and then. With relationships especially. Say for instance, you know a person for a few months and you just don’t really click. And then somewhere down the line, the universe shifts and you find something you’ve been looking for in that person. It’s the universe’s way of saying, "hey, you were just not ready for it yet." It’s a great feeling. And then on the flip side, you have someone you’ve been in love with since before you can remember, and then all of a sudden they’re taken from you. And what do we do, we freak out and curse the universe (or God) for not thinking your plan was good enough, but in actuality, maybe you just weren’t ready to have what you had, maybe it just needed to be taken away, for you to wait for something better. It’s the universe’s way of timing. And as people we’re not supposed to understand it. But once we realize it has reasonings for what its doing, the better off we’ll be.

I was talking to my friend Matt in my philosophy class on Tuesday, and I absent-mindly asked him, you know, something along the lines of, "how’s your life going." and he replied, "well, not so good really, pretty stagnate." And I replied with my epiphany, "well matt, it’s all in timing. Maybe you’re just not ready, as a person, for something the universe is waiting to give you. You just have to be patient and know, in due time, things will perk up." and he replied, "Thanks Alicia, I never really thought of things that way. It’s actually quite a comforting statement. I appreciate that."

Needless to say, I've improved someone’s mood with my rambling, and my aim at this blog is to help whomever wonders across this page. So, like many of my friends have said to me in the last few weeks, if you’re feeling a bit drab lately, like you feel that something good is about to come, but are getting anxious and discouraged that it will ever come, just remember, it’s all in timing, and it will find its way to you, whatever it may be, when you’re ready, when you’ve grown up enough to handle it, or when you’re life has a place for it. Just be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment